For over 19 years, Coretek are proud to be the IT partner for one of the UK’s leading care providers, helping them implement several key projects including developing their main line of business app, rolling out Wi-Fi throughout the company and their migration to the cloud. All of which played a huge role in their growth and allowed them to provide a fantastic level of care for their residents.
Ambient are one of the UK’s largest care providers with over 1500 employees located across 150 locations. They specialise in providing care and support for older people, people with a learning disability and those with mental health needs. This is provided in various forms:
- For Older People – fully supported 24-hour residential care, through to care with nursing, day services, respite care, end of life care and housing with additional care for those who are more independent
- For those with a Learning Disability – residential care homes through to supported living, short breaks, respite and day services
- For those with Mental Health needs – from 24-hour intensive support, through to a flexible needs-based approach in the community
See their website for more details at www.ambient.org.uk
Hybrid Cloud Environment
Over the past 6 years, Ambient has invested in a new Hybrid Cloud environment. Hybrid Cloud is an environment that combines public clouds and private clouds by allowing data and applications to be shared between them. Ambient utilises their private cloud for secure desktop access, line of business applications and network data. The Public Cloud resource is Microsoft Azure and Office 365, which provides productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and email.
This environment was designed, built and is fully managed by Coretek. The investment provides a secure framework that will better support the organisation and its future needs, including developing and hosting future applications to support the strategic plans of the Group.
Enterprise Care System
Coretek worked with Ambient to develop The Enterprise Care System (EPiC).
This solution provides a common and consistent application interface for members across all teams to improve the recording of client information, including care plans, maintenance plans, client details and enabling dynamic management reporting and ultimately improving the level of care to their customers.
The Enterprise Care system has been built with support and care at its core. Coretek worked closely with Ambient’s Care home managers, team leaders and support staff to ensure the EPiC solution meets their functional requirements and their vision.
- A secure system which works for Ambient users and Care services enabling them to be more efficient and spend more time on care
- Aim to improve CQC rating and drive up quality using technology
- Reduce time on administration ensuring staff have timely reminders and action prompts
- Management reporting to make decisions to further improve their care service, Provide a system to ensure data accuracy, data analysis and dynamic KPI reporting
- Provide a remote link and sharing of information with the client’s family and/or friends improving socialisation and connection.
- Connect to 3rd parties for better service e.g. contractors for asset servicing
To provide fast and reliable internet access to all residents across the company, Coretek provided a cost-effective and secure Wifi infrastructure in every care home. This included centralised management for ease of deployment and ongoing management for Ambient’s in-house IT team.
Don't just take our word for it
“As well as helping us migrate our IT services to the cloud, Coretek has been instrumental in providing connectivity, managed wireless and access control to all care homes in the group. It has made a massive difference in the wellbeing of the people staying in our homes as they can now communicate with their loved ones via technology. This has never been more important than ever under the global pandemic.”
Head of IT at Ambient
Top 5 Benefits
Here are the top benefits Ambient gained from working with us:
Hybrid Cloud provides scalable, cost-effective foundations for growth
Staff can access consistent records and systems quickly from any location
More time spent on care and less on firefighting IT issues
Updated WiFi allows residents to stay in contact with friends and family
Reports and insights for management to further improve their care service
FREE YOURSELF FROM IT FRUSTRATION
Remember, your organisation is only as strong as its weakest link. Book in a free consultation with Coretek today to benefit from our 23 years of experience and ensure your IT systems are working in your favour. Includes an in-depth report with actionable next steps completely free.